Negotiation Coaching Clinic
We are excited to invite you to apply to the KSNP Negotiation Coaching Clinic, an intensive clinic designed using best practices in negotiation skill development and a research-based coaching protocol. The Clinic is an opportunity to improve your negotiations performance through one-on-one feedback from a trained coach who will understand your personal goals, observe you in multiple exercises, and provide feedback and an opportunity for guided reflection. Our coaching team consists of students and staff who have taken advanced courses in negotiations and are trained in giving feedback and supporting skills development.
In a survey of participants of the Spring 2020 Clinic:
- 100% of survey respondents said they were "likely" or "very likely" to recommend the Clinic to a friend, colleague, or classmate
- 97% of survey respondents said the Clinic was "effective" or "very effective" in their growth as a negotiator
General feedback includes:
- “One of the v best thing I've done (full stop)”
- “This was excellent! Thank you for putting everything together. The individual feedback was something I wanted and was a great addition to the training I received in negotiations class at HKS.”
- “This was one of the highlights of my Harvard experience - personalized feedback is just so powerful.”
Accepted applicants will:
- Meet with their coach for a 30-minute goal setting session
- Participate and be observed via Zoom recording in 3 negotiation exercises
- Meet with their coach for a 30-minute individualized feedback session following each of the three exercises
- Previously taken or are currently enrolled in a simulations-based negotiations course
- Can commit to attending the virtual Launch Day on Thursday, Oct. 1st, 2020 at 6pm EST (please email Joan Moon if you have a conflict)
- Can commit to 4 x 30-minute sessions with your coach
- Can commit to preparing for each negotiation exercise
- Can commit to negotiating with their assigned counterparts during the allotted week and sending the Zoom recording to their coach
We will primarily be judging anonymized applications based on your 100-word answer to the question "Why do you want to participate in this clinic?" We will be looking for potential to grow and a desire to learn. We will not be making the decision based on your skill or experience as a negotiator.
There is limited capacity in this Clinic. However, there will be more negotiation opportunities in the future. Sign up for the KSNP newsletter to get updates on future opportunities here.
This application will close on Sunday, September 20th at 11:59pm EST. Applicants will be notified of acceptance no later than September 23rd.
Please email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org