Students undertaking applied research projects can access fantastic support for their work through BIG.
BIG can help source potential projects and clients for students. Students who did behavioral science-themed PAEs in 2015-2016 worked with clients such as the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the Netherlands Authority for the Financial Markets, and Rio, Brazil’s City Hall. You can see a sample PAE, completed by Phil Ames (MPP 2016) and James Wilson (MPP/MBA 2016) for Andrew Leigh, Leigh, Federal Member for Fraser in the Parliament of Australia, here.
Supervision & Advice
- The BIG faculty are potential advisors for PAE projects; as long as students have a main advisor within HKS, BIG can facilitate additional support from relevant faculty outside of HKS.
- With a global network of experts, BIG is able to help student secure interviews with and support from experts most relevant to their projects.
- We can also help with finding peer student research partners.
BIG works with our network to secure potential PAE clients each year. A list of available clients is below, and will be updated as we confim clients. Students interested in working with one of these organizations should reach out to Shibeal_OFlaherty@hks.harvard.edu.
- Carr Communications (Ireland)
- GreeNudge (Norway)
- City of South Bend (USA)
- Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (MSKCC)
- Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH)
- City of Grand Rapids (USA)
To learn more about doing a PAE with the help of BIG, contact us.