The Negotiation and Conflict Resolution Collaboratory (NCRC) is offering an intensive coaching clinic, designed using best practices in negotiation skill development and a research-based coaching protocol. The Clinic is an opportunity to improve your negotiations performance through one-on-one feedback from a trained coach who will understand your personal goals, observe you in multiple exercises both virtually and in person, and provide feedback and an opportunity for guided reflection.
Accepted applicants will:
- Meet with a coach for a personal 30-minute goal-setting session
- Participate and be observed in 3 negotiation exercises, both in-person and virtual
- Receive 30 minutes of 1-on-1 coaching after each of the 3 exercises
In a survey of participants of the Spring 2021 Clinic:
- 100% of survey respondents said they were "likely" or "very likely" to recommend the Clinic to a friend, colleague, or classmate
- 100% of survey respondents said the Clinic was "effective" or "very effective" in their growth as a negotiator
General feedback includes:
- “It was great. Definitely one of the most rewarding and valuable things I have done since coming to the Kennedy School.”
- “I really appreciate that the Clinic exists! Participating really helped me build my skills and put many of the concepts I'd learned into better practice. The direct feedback was incredibly valuable.”
“I really enjoyed the goal setting and the reflection sessions. I feel much more confident in my ability as a negotiator and have been consciously reflecting on my strategies as I go through my job negotiation process.”
You are eligible if you:
- Have taken/are currently enrolled in a simulation-based negotiations course
- Can commit to attending the virtual Launch Day on Thursday, Sept. 30th at 6pm EST
- (special exceptions will be made, inability to attend Launch Day should not prevent you from applying)
- Can commit to 4 x 30-minute sessions with your coach
- Can commit to preparing for each negotiation exercise
- Can commit to negotiating with their assigned counterparts during the allotted week
The Clinic is limited in participants. We will be judging applications on a 100-word motivation statement, a 100-word reflection statement, and will be looking for potential to grow and a desire to learn as opposed to skill as a negotiator.
This application will close on Sunday, September 19 at 11:59 p.m. Applicants will be notified of acceptance no later than Thursday, September 23.